Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Hill Green Table - Just in Time for Spring

Well, Spring is in the air, and I have some CeCe Caldwell's Spring Hill Green paint, so let's get painting.

If you haven't yet had a chance to use CeCe Caldwell's paint, try it out. It is a totally "green" paint. Read more about it here.

I picked up this table for a few dollars (more than $10 but less than $20). I have to be vague because I am reselling this table at TheSmithHotel at Oregon Street Antique Mall. I did spend a few hours on it, so my markup is worth my time, but still, can't give it all away since we have some customers that follow the blog. This table is oak, so it is a strong sturdy table, but it was not old (I peeled off the made in China sticker). Nevertheless - here it is.


I don't know why I picked green for this table specifically, but I am glad I did. After painting, distressing, waxing, and buffing - it turned out fantastic.

It didn't take long to paint with CeCe Caldwell's. I only applied one coat, and I didn't even have to prime or sand before painting. This paint will stick to anything - wait until next weekend when I paint an old metal hospital nightstand with Pittsburg Gray. So here is a picture after the paint was applied.



Bright and cheery, but also muted without the wax. So, on went the wax with CeCe Caldwell's Clear Wax (smells like Honey - snif snif). I let it sit overnight before sanding and polishing. You may ask yourself - sanding after waxing? Why yes! I happened to hear about this technique, so I gave it a try. I like the way it turned out, but I did not like the fact that I used 3 pieces of sand paper on such a small table. The wax somewhat gums up the sand paper. I will probably not use that technique again as sand paper is precious to me.

It still worked, just took more sand paper than I am used to. Here is what it turned out to look like after buffing it out a little.


Look at that Shine!


Looks Springy - are you ready for Spring?


By only applying one coat of paint, I was able to get some of the wood grain to come through after polishing the wax. This paint is great stuff - you have got to get some soon! We are well stocked at TheSmithHotelBoutique, so go ahead and place an order. In the next few weeks I will be posting sample sizes (4 oz) which should be enough for a small table, nightstand or a few chairs. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. And check out some of my recent  posts with CeCe Caldwell's paint.

I hope you like, and please come back to see future projects. As always, I love your comments and questions.

Mr. Smith

Linking to:
Between Naps on The Porch
Domestically Speaking
Primitive and Proper
Miss Mustard Seed
Coastal Charm

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I can see that providing a nice pop of color in a neutral way. That paint sounds amazing. Might have to get some to try.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting sample 4oz sizes on the website in the next day or two. This green is so cool, wait till you see what's coming on the blog next weekend...

      Delete
  2. LOVE that color!!! I have not used this brand of paint, but lan on getting some soon. Would love to have you come by and enter my “coastal” giveaway…you can find it on my sidebar.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet - isn't it vibrant? I stopped by and entered your giveawy.

      Delete
  3. such a fun table and the perfect piece for a bright happy color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great color - sold the table this last weekend to an older gal that wanted to brighten up a room.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - need to paint something else with it now.

      Delete